Google Adsense

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Follow-Up on Toy Organization

First off, I would like to say Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there, especially my own and my husband. Hope your day is great!



I have been busy since this post when I pleaded for help in organizing my son's toys! Of course, the house is still a far cry from perfect. But I have come up with a solution that works at least for now. Thanks to the suggestion of reader, Kristianne, I decided to begin by going through all the toys and organizing them into groups. Then I got the appropriate containers. 


These are shelves that my mom had given me that were up in the play room, but not really being used, so I decided they would work for now. The biggest problem I have is that L cannot reach the top shelf and there is really no reason for there to be so much room between sheves, but there is no way of adjusting them.

So, as you can see, that cleared up the mess that was by the chair and now I have moved the end table there.

You can kinda see the "parking lot" for some of the larger toys with wheels next to his tent.

 Here is how I set up the space for L to play his Vtech and when he's not using it, I store the chair up against the wall. 

 Moving on to the family room. Remember that huge tub that was there? Well, that is gone. In it's place is my new breakfast nook. Where did all those toys go, you ask?

The cabinets on either side of the fireplace were pretty much being used for junk, so they got cleaned out, thus making plenty of room for the extra toys. Also, they can't be seen, so if they aren't in the most organized shape, it's all good (as Pete the Cat would say).

It just took getting a little creative and actually getting to work sorting things. As I said, it could still look much better, but it is a major improvement from where we were. Thanks for the help, Kristianne.

I hope you are inspired to organize something in your homes now!



8 comments:

  1. It looks awsome!Are you happy wih it? Glad I could help:) Did you have those white containers before? Do they have lids?Bins with lids have more stacking ability if you want to fit more. Also you mentioned that L cannot reach.This would use the wide room you have on the shelves and you would have room on top for things you could put bigger bins for. Things you don't use as often. It feels good though doesn't it? You did the hardest part going through everything.Try it out for a little while if you don't love it you can change it. It takes me a couple of tries to get it exactly how I want. If you need more help let me know I love to organize!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, my containers do not have lids, but that is definitely something to consider so they could be stacked as you said. Thanks again for your help! You should be a consultant :)
      PS. I may be in touch again.. I have to tackle the craft room/library/junk room next!

      Delete
    2. That is a high compliment thank you! I think you will enjoy my take back your Turf Thursdays.Maybe you can help my blog get more followers too.I am new at this!

      Delete
    3. I will check it out! Thanks for letting me know :)

      Delete
  2. This is awesome!! You have inspired me greatly. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm here for! Hope you can get organized too :)

      Delete
  3. What you've just read is some straightforward guidance to assist you maintain the elements that require special attention under control for the recently commissioned hotel lighting project.
    However, in order to put these suggestions into effect appropriately, you need first assess the most appropriate form of lighting for both interior and external locations, taking into account their intended usage. Attention to detail in hotel decorative lighting will influence not only your decision, but also the impact it has on tourists and their memories.
    Custom Neon Signs UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each letter is on its own, creating shadows to ensure that you are able to easily discern them from the structures in which they are placed. The majority of letters in a channel are illuminated by LED lightning. Because these kinds of signs are noticeable they're quite well-known across a wide range of companies and organizations such as shops and hotels to government and school buildings.https://neoncave.co.uk

    ReplyDelete