Google Adsense

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Fire Station Field Trip

Here are our books for the week about fire fighters, fire trucks and fire safety. 

Here is some of the gear we use to dress up like a fire fighter.

Here is Firefighter Bob and his friend Jimmy. (Who keeps calling Bob Spongebob which he doesn't like)

 One of the firefighters agreed to put his gear on to show the kids.

Firefighter in full gear showing the kids.

Here he is again letting the kids go up to him so they wouldn't be scared.

 Firefighter Bob showing the kids some things on the truck.

 I was so proud of how good my kids listened and stood in line!

 The kids practiced crawling under this sheet as though it was smoke.

The kids had the most awesome time even though they did not get to actually get on the fire truck. If you have the chance, you should definitely take your children. It is an educational, fun and worthwhile trip!





4 comments:

  1. Looks like you gave our future firefighters QUITE an authentic experience. What a gift!

    Thanks for sharing,

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun day!!! I've nominated you for the Liebster award on my blog at
    http://teachingmyblessings.blogspot.com/2012/03/today-i-was-presented-with-liebster.html
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son would have loved to be there! I'm sure you had a wonderful time and learnt to so much.
    Actually I live near a fire station, I'm wondering whether the fire fighters would let us have a look at it. I think I'll call them and ask!
    Thanks for sharing and inspiring!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks awesome!! My kids love fire trucks, too! We actually saw one last night at the grocer store and they were ecstatic...it was pretty exciting! Thanks for sharing at Teach Me Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete