Google Adsense

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday: Mrs. Lirette's Learning Detectives

Mrs. Lirette from Mrs. Lirette's Learning Detectives has been kind enough to guest post for Wishlist Wednesday this week. If you haven't had a chance to check out her blog, you are missing out! There are fabulous ideas and lots of marvelous freebies. Also, she is a contributor for Teaching Freebies toothe new spin-off of Teaching Freebies. Please stop by and leave Mrs. Lirette a comment!


Hello there everyone!  I feel very honored to be guest blogging for Lori at Cachey Mama's Classroom for her weekly Wishlist Wednesday post!  I am a mother of an almost three-year old and a classroom teacher to 18 fabulous 2nd graders!  I have also taught kindergarten and first grade and can tell you that there is nothing I would rather do than spend all day inspiring and learning from little people!


There are definitely two things that have been on my mind lately that I would love to have. 


First up {for the kiddos}....

An endless supply of glue sticks!!!


Why is it that January hits every year and I am always begging for more glue?  It doesn't matter how many glue sticks a child brings at the beginning of school, they always seem to disappear.  I'll admit, we use glue sticks a lot in my room.  There is definitely no shortage on art projects, student-made vocabulary flashcards or "notebooking" activities and all of those require that wonderful stick of glue.  I realize that liquid glue last longer but I cringe every time I see a student with a bottle in hand.  I've "just a dot, then you stop"'d my heart out and liquid glue still ends up making a wet mess.  Boy, does that make me grateful for glue sticks- even if they do dry up quickly!


And secondly {for myself}...



I would LOVE to have my very own binding machine!


I can definitely work my magic with a little laminate and some binding!  Don't you just love making class books for your library?  Not to mention, a bound copy of a child's writing masterpiece makes me grin from ear to ear.  There is something to be said for the published look!  If I had one of these sweet things I would bind away!  Wouldn't you?


Thanks to Lori for inviting me to ramble on about my wish list! :)  Drop by and say hi at Mrs. Lirette's Learning Detectives!

1 comment:

  1. We have a binder like that at school, but unfortunately no one knows how to use it :( I would love to be binding books and would probably do it all the time if I could find an online tutorial! And yes, glue is one off our many supplies that seems to dry up by this time each year - along with hitting rock bottom in the crayon department!

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete