Google Adsense

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Storytime Sunday: Valentine's Sensory Tub


Here are the books I chose for my son to go along with our Valentine's sensory tub since we are so busy at school working on our All Around the World study. 

I mostly chose books about love or friendship that I had around the house. It was so cute tonight, after 2 days of playing with his sensory tub, he pointed to the picture of a heart in his bedtime prayer book tonight!

Here are some photos of how I put it together: (Keep in mind this is for a 1yo, so I tried to use larger items to cut down on choking hazard although the tinsel could be potentially harmful, but I am right there with him when he plays)
Plastic placemat in the bottom. (It doesn't really serve a purpose, I just decided to stick it in)

Tinsel next.

Then hearts, there are 3 different kinds each with a different texture: rough (glitter), smooth and shiny, and soft (velvet).

I added the heart-shaped measuring cups and spoons.

Silicone heart-shaped ice cube trays and cupcake tray (?)

Other random things I had: red boa, pink heart wire, a harmonica, silicone cupcake wrappers, and a frog.

Then the containers were added. He LOVES to put things in containers and the pour them out again. I used a mailbox and a lips-shaped plastic container.


Then added a heart-shaped box and a ruler.

Put a letter (made with Cricut) in the mailbox.

Next, to apply the scratch and sniff stickers for ultimate sensory experience. Chocolate flavor of course!

I wanted L to help me, but he wasn't too interested, so I did it myself.

Here is the final product.

I also purchased this small box (for .09!) because I know how much he loves opening and closing containers.

I painted that red and here's how it turned out. I also placed this into my sensory bin.

And, last but certainly not least, L's favorites: The Valentine's duckies! He can make the sound of a duck, so cute!!!

Oh, and I got most of the materials from Deals, Target, and Michael's.



8 comments:

  1. I LOVE your sensory bin! thanks for sharing ideas of how to put one together for a younger learner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! Seems like some great things for a young one. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday! We hope you will join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love the books too. We are going to the library tonorrow for some Vday stories so I will be looking for some of those to read! :)

    Thank you for linking up to A Pinteresting Party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I love all the textures you've included!

    Thanks for sharing with Learning Laboratory at Mama Smiles =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from ABC & 123 - love the letter in the mailbox, and your valentine duckies!! I'm sure he enjoyed exploring all the different textures on those hearts - I could just see myself walking around with a velvety one in my hand all day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so very festive...I want to play in the sensory bin! I'm sure your kids loved it! Thank you so much for linking up at Teach Me Tuesday -- I can't wait to see what you're up to next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, now that's a sensory bin! I love the tinsel idea. Thanks for linking up to AfterSchool.

    ReplyDelete